Tuesday, October 21, 2014

QUICK FIX TO APOLLO


I woke up with itchy eyes, I kept scratching and scratching, it was sweet at first then sweeter and I paused, found my way to the bathroom and checked the mirror. The eyes were mildly red; I thought to myself, it must have been the dust. But throughout the day I couldn't resist scratching. The next morning, I had aches and it crossed my mind, Apollo season is here. There is an old trick that has always worked for me; I got salt and fresh water mixed in a cup, soaked my eye in it for about 15 seconds. Did this about 4 times then rinsed off with fresh water. I repeated the same thing at night and now my eyes are all better.
Infectious conjunctivitis is Apollo and can be mistaken for allergic conjunctivitis which also comes more during this season. The major difference is that Apollo comes with eye discharge.
My salt and water method may not be approved by my fellow health professionals because of isotonic state of the eye, well it works well for me. So my professional advice is that you can do this but make sure you rinse off with fresh water. If you decide to get an antibacterial eye drop, first wash off with little salt and water solution to reduce bacteria load. This is very important in children especially when they wake up in the morning. The eye drop should be used by one person and shouldn't be used for more than 2 weeks after opening unless otherwise stated by eye drop manufacturer.

For those in corporate setting, Apollo can earn you easy sick leave. For workaholics who are too busy to get to a pharmacy, try the method above it will help. For those with kids and those handling children get either chloramphenicol or gentamicin eyedrop in your drug box. The earlier the treatment is commenced the faster the recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment